Before you pack
- As a rule, the earlier you book your room, the better the rate. To get the Guaranteed Best Available Rate*, book your reservations at wyndhamrewards.com, where you'll enjoy:
- No booking fees
- A selection of over 6,500 Hotels and Resorts
- Earn Wyndham Rewards points on all qualified stays
- Earn valuable points – when you're staying at a participating Wyndham Rewards hotel make sure to sign up for Wyndham Rewards. Join today...it's Free!
- A little research can save you a lot of cash – check online for coupons and special deals to local restaurants as well as tickets to museums, shows and events. Plus, check out Wyndham Rewards special offers.
- Reward yourself – if you're already a member of Wyndham Rewards, be sure to take advantage by cashing in some points for valuable, money-saving rewards such as a free night stay, gift cards to your favorite restaurants and retailers, amusement park tickets, movie tickets, and more.
How you get there
- Drive to your destination – cut out expensive airfare and having to rent a car by choosing a destination that is closer to home.
- Pack less. You'll avoid any excess baggage fees ($25 or more for a second checked bag on most major airlines), and have less to cart around.
- Drive smart. Fuel up in the cooler early-morning or evening hours. Heat causes gasoline to expand, meaning you are getting less in your tank when you fill up at midday.
While you're there
- Start the day with a Free breakfast.** We have the most important meal of the day covered for you when you stay at any of the following participating hotels: Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Super 8®, Travelodge®, and Wingate® by Wyndham.
- Bring along a refillable water bottle. Consider this: if you drink 8 glasses of water a day, and all of it from a purchased bottle, you could spend roughly $16 a day just on keeping hydrated. Or it could all be free.
- Make lunchtime your big meal instead of dinner. Often you'll be able to enjoy the same food, but at much lower prices and in a more casual atmosphere.
- Avoid the ATM. Try to eliminate the need for ATM visits so you can avoid those ATM surcharges. Purchase traveler's checks or use your credit or debit card to make your purchases instead.
Traveling For Business?
- Log in... it's free. We offer high-speed Internet access** when you stay at any of the following hotels: Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Ramada® Worldwide, Super 8®, Travelodge®, and Wingate® by Wyndham.
- You can have an effective business trip, while also being respectful of the bottom-line, if you keep an eye on the little things (such as enjoying the complimentary cup of coffee in your room).
- Depending on your situation, all you may need is a cab or shuttle from the airport to the hotel instead of paying for a rent-a-car (don't forget to add in parking & gas to the overall cost of the car).
Or for Pleasure?
- Take advantage of the fun that doesn't charge admission – dive into the pool, play a game of cards in the hotel lobby or just go for a long walk to take in the sights.
- Give everyone, especially the little ones, their own budget to spend. This way everyone can feel like they've splurged, but you're not the endless ATM.
- See "the other" places on your list. Major attractions and tourist destinations (think Orlando, FL and Washington, DC) will always command a premium price, but there are hundreds – if not thousands – of fun and exciting things to do and see in less expensive environments. National Parks, historical sites, and thrilling music and cultural festivals abound.
Follow these tips and you'll be on the right path for savings, and the more you save on each trip, the sooner you'll be able to take another! Now if that isn't incentive enough, what is!
* The guarantee does not apply to Hawthorn Suites hotels.
** Participating locations only.